Our Crispin Cider portfolio allows you to infuse the unique and innovative flavors of our different ciders into your everyday cooking. All recipes include use of Crispin Ciders and anyone using them must be 21+ or of legal drinking age.
2 1/2-3 lb Beef Tenderloin
1 c + Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider
1 1/2 c Fresh Blackberries
1/2 c Beef Stock
2 top Beef Demi-glace
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
1/4 c Shallots, minced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
Fresh Ground Pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 450. Reduce your cider to half a cup in a small pan over low/med heat and set aside.
2) Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub your tenderloin with olive oil and salt and then sear on all sides just a minute or so until browned. Rub the roast with dijon mustard and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and roughly chopped thyme. Transfer roast to a roasting pan with a rack and cook until the internal temperature reaches about 140 (just slightly more rare than medium). Transfer the roast to a cutting board and tent with foil- let rest 10-15 min.
3) In a food processor or blender, combine the blackberries with the Fox Barrel cider and puree until smooth. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain the mixture into a bowl, combine with the beef stock and set aside.
4) Place the roasting pan the roast was in over the stove top on medium-high heat and sautee shallots until tender and browned, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook a minute or so more. *Add olive oil to the pan to cook if needed.
5) Slowly add in you blackberry/stock/cider mixture, making sure to scrap up any browning on the bottom of the pan. Once simmering, add the demi and stir until combined. Allow the sauce to cook for 10-15 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Liquid should reduce by about half. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over delicious cuts of tenderloin.
If your tenderloin is uneven you may need to tie up a section of even fold it in half if it's too skinny. Just use a couple rows of string to secure the roast and make it uniformly thick throughout.