Crispin Glazed Holiday Ham
- Holiday Ham
This recipe for a cider glazed ham will soon become a holiday favorite. The cider will make the ham extra juicy and tender while adding a hint of sweetness and tang to your recipe. Use the cooking juice to sautee your green beans for a little extra flavor (recipe next week)
Cider Glazed Ham
Use Crispin Honey Crisp to add a hint of apple character and amp up the flavor on your holiday ham.
1 Fully cooked bone in or boneless ham (7-10 lbs)
1-22 ounce bottle Crispin Honeycrisp
½ cup apple butter
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground clove
- Preheat oven to 325F. Score the outside of your ham with a small paring knife. About 3x3 in squares just piercing the skin.
- Mix the glaze adding Honey Crisp, apple butter, mustard, brown sugar and clove in a small sauce pan. Heat for about 10 minutes on medium heat until sugar is completely melted and mix has slightly thickened.
- Place ham in large roasting pan fat side up. Baste thoroughly with glaze mix and place in oven for 1 ½ hours or until heated through completely to 140F.
- Baste ham every 25 minutes until completely heated through.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter and baste one last time before serving.